Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

EMPIRE STATE OF MIND

In these shots I was trying to portray a sense of the city in three different photos. Since my lens was cracked after shooting the center photo the side two have a slightly "broken" effect to them. For the center picture I was trying to show off the "beauty" of the city with the skyline effect. Then I wanted to show a more cooler side to the city with Aubrey standing at the bus stop in the fog. If you look into the corner you can see the shattered glass of my lens cap. Finally for the third picture I had warmer colors and pictures of the trees/sky to give the picture a happier feeling. I think the slight blurriness adds to it also. Overall I am really happy with my three shots!


Above you can watch the video for yourself! The mood to me seems proud and happy, which I tried to evoke through the photo with Aubrey looking out over the street. Also the sunrise brings the sense of rebirth, which I think evokes the song. Finally the brighter tones of the third picture makes me feel a bit more optimistic. The song's bright tones and great melody really inspired me to make the most of these photos. "These streets will make you feel brand new, bright lights will inspire you." was a strong lyric that made me want to use this song for this assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment